VALORANT PATCH NOTES 1.04
Let’s dive into the changes:
- Classic’s alternate fire now has a stable 1.5 running penalty with the running spread changed 3.4 to 2.1;
- Jumping spread was also changed from 1.9 to 2.3;
- The walking spread was changed from 1.9 to 1.95;
- Fixed bug where jumping had no inaccuracy penalty;
- Riot did add 10% bonus to accuracy while crouching.
- Adjusted the volume on the Elderflame Operator equip animation;
- Enemy footsteps will always lower the volume of the skin sound effects that are not important to gameplay, like the flame whooshes, dragon roar;
- Elderflame Melee inspect animation now has sound effects for level 1 and 2;
We got quite a few fixes and a few of them are actually important:
- Fixed requirement for Reyna to look at Soul Orbs to activate them and maintain her healing, behavior should match that of patch 1.02;
- Fixed Breach’s Aftershock not properly applying damage to all characters if multiple are hit by it;
- Fixed jittering when reaching the max flight height of Sova’s drone;
- Fixed Marshall bug where the weapon maintained accuracy while walking;
- Fixed issues with some translucency effects being one frame behind (such as Jett’s dash, when used by the player);
- Fixed one-way Brimstone smokes when the player’s camera was around the top of the smoke.
- Max time that Viper can leave her Ult increasing from 5 to 12 seconds;
- Viper can hold her Ult ability key to drop her Ult early;
- Enemies in Viper’s Pit have their minimap obscured and do not provide minimap detection to their allies;
- Increased the brightness of the red enemy glow at the edge of Viper’s near-sight.
- Having both Poison Cloud and Toxic Screen active does not consume additional fuel beyond the cost of having one active.
- Enemy decay per second increased from 10 to 15 from all sources;
- After exiting Viper’s smoke, enemy decay sustains for 2.5 seconds before starting to fade.
- Cyber Cage can now be picked up during the buy phase.
- The agent is still a must-have on any line-up and it seems that won’t change for any of the upcoming events.
- Orbital Strike ultimate cost changed from 6 to 7 points;
- Stim Beacon no longer Buffs enemies and no longer shows its effect radius to enemies.
- Fixed jittering when reaching the max flight height of Sova’s drone.
- Showstopper ultimate Cost changed from 6 to 7 Ult points.
- Fixed Breach’s Aftershock not properly applying damage to all characters if multiple are hit by it.
- Fixed requirement for Reyna to look at Soul Orbs to activate them and maintain her healing, behavior should match that of patch 1.02
- Jett didn’t have any changes this patch.
- Phoenix didn’t have any changes this patch.
- Omen didn’t have any changes this patch.