We are going to be taking a look at some of the newest changes that are hitting us with Patch 1.05.
Let’s get into it!
New Agent Killjoy is going to be really fun to play! Killjoy is the latest agent to join the Valorant roster and comes with her own unique set of abilities. She joins the game with her small army of robots, including a turret that can help watch her back, a robot built to detect enemies, and a grenade full of nanobots ready to do damage for her.
► A new contract has been added to unlock Killjoy and her associated rewards.
- ► Alarmbot: Equips a covert Alarmbot that hunts down enemies that get in range and explodes, applying Vulnerable.
- ► Turret: Deploy a turret that fires at enemies in a 180-degree cone.
- ► Signature Ability Nanoswarm: Equip a Nano Swarm grenade which activates a Nanoswarm and deploys a damaging swarm of nanobots.
- ► Ultimate Ability Lockdown: The Lockdown device detains all enemies caught in its radius but can be destroyed by enemies.
Raze was the only agent to see any updates in Valorant’s 1.05 update. She’s received a number of nerfs to try and bring her more in line with the rest of the game’s roster.
- ► Equip Time increased 1.1 to 1.4
- ► Quick Equip Time increased 0.5 to 0.7
- ► VFX reduced when firing rocket
- ► VFX on rocket’s trail slightly reduced
With the lethality of Raze’s Showstopper, we wanted to make some changes that will provide enemies more time to plan and acquire Raze when hearing “Fire in the Hole!” Additionally, we have adjusted her VFX so that players are able to notice Raze as she fires, increasing their ability to shoot a Raze that takes riskier plays.
- ► Damage decreased 75 to 50
- ► Damage to objects now consistently does 600
Raze’s Blast Pack has been hitting players a bit too hard, able to kill a fully armored enemy in certain situations. We want to reduce this ability’s efficacy at damaging players while sharpening its ability at clearing enemy utility and obstacles.
Act Ranks are now live and will allow players to track their competitive performance in real-time. Players who earned a rank in Act I will have to play another three placement matches to unlock their rank again in Act II. Players will likely be placed lower than expected, but don’t panic; this is intentional.
- ► Act Ranks have been added to the game;
- ► Patch 1.05 marks the end of Competitive Act I—Competitive Act II starts;
- ► If you earned a rank in Act I, play 3 more games to show your rank again in Act II. If you are a new player you will still need to play 5 initial placement matches so we have more time to calibrate to your skill;
- ► Expect a conservative initial placement, ~2 rank tiers lower than your prior Act I rank, so we are confident you are at or above that skill in Act II. Performance will have a larger impact in your early games, so you will be able to quickly gain rank if you play well and win;
- ► Competitive matchmaking now will have a higher chance to match solo and solo/duo players against similarly sized premade groups at the cost of queue times being slightly longer;
- ► Regardless of premade sizes, match balance is sitting fairly close to 50 / 50 for which team wins, but there is often a larger skill disparity between the best and worst players in the games with large premade sizes;
- ► Rank indicators have been modified on a loss to provide more granularity into how your rank was changed— You can now receive:
- ► Rating decreased slightly e (1 down arrow)
- ► Rating decreased (2 down arrows)
- ► Rating greatly decreased (3 down arrows)
- ► Match History will now show the rank you went into the match with for that game, versus the rank you ended the game with;
- ► You can now view your friends career tab via the context menu in the social panel. This means you can see your friends rank, Act Rank, and Match History;
- ► Custom Games now allow the leader to select your target game pod location and see players ping to that game pod.
VALORANT has finally received a Deathmatch mode where players can warm-up before matches. Deathmatch is in beta as Valorant continue to evaluate game performance and stability. Availability will be limited to specific windows upon deployment of 1.05, with the first window starting Wednesday, August 5.
- ► 10-player free-for-all
- ► First to 30 kills with a time limit of 6 minutes
- ► No abilities
- ► You’ll load in as a random Agent that you own
- ► Buy whatever weapons you want; heavy armor is given to you automatically
- ► Killing enemies drops health kits: picking one up fully restores your health/armor AND automatically reloads your weapon.
- ► All enemies are periodically revealed on the minimap
QUALITY OF LIFE
- ► Players who report other disruptive players will now receive an email if the reported player has been punished
- ► Arriving mid-patch: Your rotating store offers will stop including things you already own!
- ► Fixed issue causing Sova’s Owl Drone to rotate slower
- ► Fixed issue where Reyna did not get her full heal if it began right when her overheal started to decay
- ► Fixed nearsight not apply properly when going through smoke parts of Viper and Phoenix’s walls
- ► [1.04 Hotfix] Fixed a bug where Phoenix could plant the Spike off the bomb site if he finished planting after Run it Back ended
- ► Fixed a bug where ping in the scoreboard would not appear for Observers
- ► Fixed a bug where Phoenix could in rare cases begin to auto-defuse the Spike if he was defusing the Spike when Run it Back ended
- ► Fixed an exploit where spamming inspect with a macro could cause server lag
- ► Game modifiers/cheats now notify all-chat when any player toggles them
- ► General fixes to moderators, tournament mode, and game modifiers
- ► Fixed a minimap bug, where the minimap would not correctly rotate on side swap rounds, when using fixed minimap + rotate based on side settings
- ► Resolved inconsistencies and cleaned up UX with options present on the Match tab in the in-game settings screen
- ► Resolved issue with incorrect rank briefly, and possibly persisting, to show for players in Career tab
- ► Resolved issue where rating adjustment indicators would show on-hover in Agent Select
- ► Resolved issue where account # tag wasn’t correctly showing on-hover on the Match tab in the in-game settings screen
- ► Resolved issue where only one team was able to vote to surrender if both queued the vote at the same time
- ► Fixed a bug where it was possible to interact with the character selection UI through the Shooting Range loading screen
- ► When equipping a gun buddy, an unassigned buddy no longer gets selected
- ► Fixed a visual bug where the lobby would play an unwanted animation when a match is found