Today Valorant released a relatively small and easy update. It includes some weapon and agent changes. Let’s take a deeper look at this changes!
All shotguns updated to be less accurate when fired while in the air
- Spread penalty when in air increased .5 >>> 1.25
- While shotguns are doing well in situations they are supposed to, there’s been overly frustrating moments where people are accurate with these weapons while in the air. We hope to curb some of those encounters while still making them possible if you catch an opponent at a short distance. We’ll also be investigating more potential changes to shotguns now that we’re rested.
- The audio and visuals for blinding effects (Phoenix Curveball and Breach Flashpoint) should better indicate when to turn away, and when it’s safe to look again
- Potential fix for the bug where the player’s HUD sometimes disappears.
- Fixed a bug in Deathmatch match history & match details where ties between 3 or more players were not displaying as a tie, instead showing the lowest rank as if they were not tied (so a 3 way tie for 2nd would show 4TH PLACE instead of 2ND PLACE (TIED)).
- Fixed a bug that allowed progress towards competitive matchmaking for new players by forfeiting unrated games.
- Forfeited games will not count towards the Competitive requirement for the team who forfeited.
- Fixed a bug where ‘<Missing String Table>’ would appear in the chat log.
- Fixed a bug where strange player names could appear in chat when managing party invites
- Fixed a bug where some players were missing rewards after reaching the end of Agent Contracts or the Act Battlepass.
Playing a game should grant the missing rewards, including missing rewards from Act 1.
QUALITY OF LIFE
- In Collection menu screens, the “Show Owned Only” toggle now persists between screens and client restarts.
The cool thing is that Jett is not able to kill with a shotgun while in the air, and the flash grenade is not as instant as it was before.
These changes will bring a new meta to the game.