After a heavyweight patch last time this one is a little light. We’re getting changes to Raze, the guardian, and map rotation changes. Let’s take a deeper look at Valorant patch notes 1.08 and its changes!
The developers changed the mechanics of Raze’s «Blast Pack», as well as strengthened the Guardian rifle and improved matchmaking in Valorant patch notes 1.08.
They also have already seen some shifts to the meta: Sage and Killjoy are seeing a bit less play, Breach and Viper are making a strong showing, and the Vandal is performing more reliably (especially at close ranges).
We’re starting with agent updates.
Raze was the only agent to see any updates in Valorant’s 1.08 update. Satchel no longer does damage to allies and that’s really cool! You don’t have to worry about damaging your teammates anymore. As such, these changes look more like buff than nerf.
- Initial damage reduced to 15 with a .2 meter inner radius, falling off to 5 minimum damage
- Once the satchel lands, it arms after .5 seconds, increasing it’s max damage to 50
- Shooting the blast pack causes it to detonate, dealing its current damage amount
- Satchel no longer does damage to allies
Discussing other changes, Riot also said that players will less likely get placed on the same maps. What that means is if you just played a match at Split, the matchmaker will deprioritize that map in your next game.
MAP ROTATION CHANGES
- Matchmaking queue for all modes has been updated to measure all your recently played maps, throughout all modes, so that for any given queue you:
- Have a better chance of playing on a map you haven’t played recently
- Are much less likely to play on the same map several games in a row
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Observers will now see a timer rather than their screen being obscured when observing a player who is blinded
- Full screen blind for observers can be turned back on in the options, for all you masochists
- Minimap performance improvements
- The social panel will now pause sorting while you’re hovering or interacting with it
- Updated verbiage in the All Ranks modal in the Career page to be more consistent with Competitive overtime rules
- Prime Classic VFX fixed
- There was a bug in which upgrade Prime levels (2–4) were not playing the correct tracers, sound fx, and other VFX
- Fixed a bug where the End of Game screen would display a “Still processing” message, and then wouldn’t show that match in your Career tab
- Fixed a bug where “High Skill Disparity” would display in Custom Game Lobbies