Riot Games has finally unveiled Valorant ACT 3 of Episode 1. We are getting a brand new map called Icebox (set in the Russian tundra), a new agent Skye, and a Battlepass. So let’s take a deeper look at Valorant Patch Notes 1.10!
New Map: Icebox
“Dig your enemies a powdery grave in VALORANT’s new map, Icebox. Take on the tundra when Icebox drops with Act III.”
Icebox is a snow-covered location somewhere in a harsh tundra landscape. It is the fifth map released for the popular first-person shooter.
- Early in the patch, players queuing for Unrated will more often get placed on Icebox
- Ascenders (Ropes) / Ziplines
- Acceleration adjusted to prevent sudden shifts in direction (this was added last patch but wasn’t in the patch notes because well, you might start asking about ziplines)
- Added weapon tagging when shot while on Ascenders
- These changes are intended to make players that are using Ascenders and Ziplines less evasive during combat.
- You can now select your preferred server(s), increasing the chance you will play on a server you want
- Rank disparity for parties capped at 3 tiers (from 6).
- Immortal+ ranked changes will only be impacted by winning and losing and the decisiveness of the game outcome (how many rounds won or lost by) and not factor individual performance into the calculation
New Agent: Skye
Act 3 will also introduce a brand new agent: Skye.
- AOE heal, can’t self heal
- Wolf drone that can be controlled and shot down
- Sends out a Birb (bird) ability (like Sova’s recon bolt)
- Releases 3 wolves that chase enemies
- Increased player count 10 >>> 14 players
- Updated spawning algorithm to encourage safer spawns
- Removed periodic location pulse, and you’ll now only receive a pulse right when you respawn
- Increased match length, first to 40 kills (was 30), time limit upped to 9 minutes (was 6)
- Kill Reloads: On every kill, players get an automatic, immediate full reload of their active weapon (Ares & Odin get 30 bullets back)
- XP gain increased from 500 to 900 XP
QUALITY OF LIFE
An improved version of the battlepass arrived on October 13, but according to Riot, no major changes have been made, only minor improvements. Weekly missions will now progress faster than before.
“Collect heads, rake in the XP, then snap on Act III exclusives like the ‘Chilly McFreeze’ Gun Buddy to match your arctic battles, the ‘Radianite Hazard’ Player Card, and the Viper Spray that reminds you to wash your hands. Purchase the Act III Premium battlepass to unlock more tiers of VALORANT items like the Ruin Vandal, “Disco Ball” Gun Buddy, and the Surge Bucky (with variants!).”
- Players now have the ability to choose their own Variant as opposed to having to level them sequentially
- The Battlepass now has upgrade Variants for the Surge skin line, including the free track Surge Sheriff
- Minimap performance increased
- Tournament mode enabled custom games can now fit up to 12 observers
- Requested guns can now be sold back to the shop, doing so will refund the player who fulfilled the request
- Observer can now hold walk when in freecam mode to reduce speed (fast and slow speed can be configured in settings menu)
- In-world pings are now team-colored for observers
- Reyna and Phoenix ult timers correctly update for observers
- The keybind text in the current spectate target widget has been removed for observers
- Flashed indicator for observers has been updated with new art
- Crosshair setting added that allows crosshair colors to be locked to team color for observers
- Players no longer get stuck trying to descend vent ropes while walking (leaving A-Tower)
- Added new modifier keybind for observers to jump straight to freecam when jumping to a player (left shift by default)
- Plant/defuse progress UI is now always visible to observers, and includes which player is taking the action
- Observer player no longer see player-specific hud indicators (e.g. taking damage indicator) when in freecam
- Ability timers now work for dead / spectating players & observers (e.g. reyna & phoenix ult durations)
- Players will now be able to add and view friend notes. Notes from League of Legends will transfer over to VALORANT as well. Players will be able to edit these notes from VALORANT
- Social panel will now pause sorting for a short time while you’re interacting with it
- Fixed a Shooting Range bug in the plant/defuse module in the shooting range where players couldn’t buy abilities
- Various Shooting Range UI bug fixes in the plant/defuse module, including incorrect text in the buy phase announcement, also adding a halfway tick to the defuse progress bar
- Fixed a bug where other players’ messages would be forcefully filtered out of chat after you sent a message
- Fixed a bug where the text box would not fade away in game